Zaheer Khan, Out wide open to the harshe elements, Retires from International Cricket



Zaheer Khan has picked up 311 wickets in 92 Tests and 282 wickets in 200 ODIs. He has been losing out to the younger and fitter left-arm seamers in recent times.

"As I was training for the upcoming season, it dawned on me that my shoulder may not last the rigours of bowling nearly 18 overs a day, and that's when I knew it was time. With immediate effect I bid adieu to my career in international cricket. I look forward to signing off my last season in domestic cricket at the conclusion of the Indian Premier League season 9," Zaheer said.

Out-of-favour India fast bowler Zaheer Khan announced his retirement from international cricket on Thursday. Zaheer played a key role in helping India lift the 2011 World Cup. He was the joint-highest wicket-taker (21) with Pakistan's Shahid Afridi in the showpiece event held in the sub-continent.